For New Graduates
Explore the exclusive benefits, services, and savings available to all Brown alumni. As your life unfolds, your needs are sure to change. Brown perks can add value every step of the way. As an alum, you have some incredible resources at your disposal—from free access to Rosetta Stone, to the alumni directory, to Brown’s virtual library, and much more. No membership fee required.
• Career Tools & Resources
• Travel & Learning
• Savings & Perks
• Online Resources
BULAC aspires to build connection among Latinx alumni of all classes and programs. Connect with BULAC alumni through the following methods.
Brown University Latino Alumni Council LinkedIn
Access the BULAC network to find your next career opportunity or find career insights and connections. Connect with current students, graduate students, and alumni on LinkedIn. Share opportunities, find your next coworker, or connect with people in your field.
BrownConnect links students, alumni, parents and friends to extend learning beyond the classroom and promote mentoring and professional growth long past graduation.
Learn how to find other Latinx students and alumni on BrownConnect here.
That’s A Resource?
Did you know that as a recent graduate some services and resources from Brown University continue to be available to you? Check out some of the resources available to you.
Recent grads (three years out or less) can visit the CareerLAB in-person or virtually to have their resumes reviewed.
Don’t forget to listen to CareerLAB: The Podcast Edition where you’ll find career advice, adventures and employer stories. Here is a quick list of episodes featuring members of the Latinx community.
• Debt Management-It’s Doable with Hannah Velasquez ’19 – Hannah graduated with almost 80,000 dollars in student loan debts. Listen as she tells us how she did it and how you can too.
• Investing After Brown with Yanely Espinal ’11 – Investing can be fun. Join Yanely founder of Miss Be Helpful as she explains investing simply. Learn what you should look for in your 401K and what types of investments you can make today.
• First Steps / Second Steps: Finance with Alumni Claire Su ’17 and Hannah Velasquez ’19 -Listen as two recent alums discuss their career path after graduating from Brown. Find out where they ended up and how they got there.
Thanks to the Brown University Library, alumni get free access to online journals, books, newspapers, and more for your personal use.
Mini Job Tutorials
• Navigating the Early Stages of Your Career
• Persuasive Communication
Help plan and execute an alumni event. Become a social media ambassador. Interview prospective students. Encourage others to give back to Brown. No matter your role, as a BULAC volunteer, you can deepen your connection to the University while also gaining new skills and expanding your social and professional networks.
Some of the many ways to volunteer:
• Event Support – whether it is being a greeter day off or helping plan an event
• Matriculation Campaign – each spring we call newly admitted students to talk to them about Brown and the Latinx experience
• Mentor – connect with current undergraduate and graduate students
• Regional Representative – help plan and support programming in one of our BULAC regions
• Speaker / Panelist – share your experiences and career insights with our student and alumni community
To find ways to volunteers with BULAC, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Perks & Resources
Learn about more opportunities for Brown alumni here .